"A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race." Joseph Smith

Saturday, March 12, 2016

We Arrive Home

Omar Khayyám penned the poem:
“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,

Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”


Arriving at Portland airport, greeted by McKay and Kayla

Our final arrival in Idaho, greeted by Kristi and Katie




Wonderful welcome home posters by the grandchildren!

Elder Coffey describes his feelings.  "Time has passed and I stand at the brink of change which I cannot change. No matter what I do both time and I must go on. Yet my heart has loved serving as a humanitarian missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

My heart and mind will miss all those I have associated with.  So many have shared their hearts and minds with me.  I will miss the sites and smells and humidity of Asia.  In my hope I will continue to watch for the growth of the people in Asia.I will miss everyone.  Often in the future I will hear a word, smell a smell, see a person or scene and a flash of remembrance will remind me of you - you who have touched my heart and made the last 23 months a dream of a lifetime.  May you all be blessed for making my life so much sweeter.  Thank 
you, sincerely.'

We flew into Portland for a layover and enjoyed a quick lunch with McKay and Kayla.  Then we flew into Idaho Falls where Katie and Kristi met us at the airport. What a joy to be with family again and to see the sweet faces of the grandchildren, hold them, hug them and love them.

Today, March 12th, we were officially released by our stake president, President Lewis, of the St. Louis North Stake, via Skype.  



Our path through our mission has led us to incredible heights and amazing       vistas.  It has been such a joy, such a revelation, such an incredible blessing to have served the Lord full time.  Our hearts and our lives will never be the same.  


Robert Frost so well penned, 
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."




No comments:

Post a Comment